REFUNDS POLICY, TIMING AND NOTIFICATION PROCESS
Our approach to ensuring that you are always front and centre as the most important person in our world is to provide you with the option of a refund, replacement or exchange if an item has a major problem.
- Our understanding of a major problem is when the item:
- Didn’t arrive at all
- Has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the item if they had known about it
- Is unsafe
- Is significantly different from the description
- Doesn’t deliver on what we said it would, deliver on what you asked for and can’t be easily fixed.
- Alternatively you can choose to keep the item and we will compensate you for any drop-in value for example if an item was not edible.
If the problem is not major we will replace the item within a reasonable time. (Usually within 7 days)
If it is not replaced in a reasonable time you can choose a refund.Please keep your proof of purchase-e.g. your receipt or the invoice emailed to you.
TIMING FOR ORDER CYCLE CLOSE DATES – AND THE EFFECT ON REFUNDS
The order cycle closes 7 days in advance of each delivery date. This means that if your order is due to arrive on a ‘Wednesday’, everything for that order is finalised 7 days prior on the previous Wednesday.
WHY IS THE ORDER CYCLE 7 DAYS IN ADVANCE?
- Final orders are closed 7 days in advance of the delivery date to ensure we know exactly how much fresh produce and other speciality items will be required for that day’s delivery…. and we also need to know that it is not going to change
- We then speak to our farmers, suppliers and producers over 2-3 days and arrange to purchase exactly the right food and the exact right quantities. It’s good for you to know that this not an easy process and ends up taking the full 7 days to organise your box of goodness each week.
- Farmers, suppliers and producers then have 2-3 days to arrange their harvest, package and deliver product or arrange for special freight companies to deliver if the quantity is large. These logistics arrangements represent one of the most complex and challenging parts of running the business. We are experts at this but we need to advance time to do it perfectly.
- We then receive delivery of all your beautiful food just 1 day before your food box is packed and then delivered to your door.
- Over the final 24 hours before you receive your food box, everyone is running around making arrangements and making sure that everything goes smoothly. It’s not a straightforward event and needs lots of things to run perfectly for it to happen each week.
- As Raw Food Hub has grown so significantly, it has now become necessary to work specifically according to this new process to ensure that our quality and service levels can be maintained in the way that our customers have come to expect.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR OUR CUSTOMERS
- Customers must maintain a valid credit card saved to their account as their payment method at all times.
- It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure there are available funds on their Credit Card Account.
- All Credit card transactions are processed and completed 7 days prior to delivery.
- If funds are not available or the credit card details are out of date, the order system will send you a reminder and a request to update your credit card details.
- If payment is not processed within 24 hours, our Customer Service Team will contact you to assist in updating payment details and re-confirming your order.
- If Customers cannot be contacted to confirm details it is possible that our order system will put your account on hold and your order may be automatically cancelled within our order system. (This is to ensure that the farmers don’t over-harvest or deliver too much produce)
WHAT CHANGES CANNOT BE MADE LESS THAN 7 DAYS BEFORE DELIVERY
- Alterations to the order in any way.
- Cancellation of the order.
- Decrease in size of the order
WHAT CHANGES CAN BE MADE GREATER THAN 7 DAYS BEFORE DELIVERY
The short answer here is that we are able to make almost any changes for you as long as we have notice more than 7 days in advance.
ONE CHANNEL FOR COMMUNICATING CHANGES
Due to the volume of requests coming in, we now require all change requests to be communicated in writing.
The reason for only accepting change requests via email is so that our customer service team can be sure of the following;
- The change request was provided more than 7 days before delivery
- There will be no mistakes made because we can follow your exact written instructions
There is only one channel for communicating changes to your order going forward which is to send an email as follows;
Send any change requests to; email@example.com